pgODBC on Win2k3 AS with MS SQL 2005

From: Gary Buckmaster <gary(at)aimconnect(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgODBC on Win2k3 AS with MS SQL 2005
Date: 2006-10-24 14:33:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm in the process of setting up replication from a Win2k3 server
running MS SQL 2005 to a number of Postgres servers and am running into
some issues.  I installed the 08_02_01000 release of the psql ODBC
drivers on the Win2k3 server, configured a System DSN.  Effectively I
followed the instructions provided here:
http://people.planetpostgresql.org/mha/index.php?/archives/87-Replicating-from-MS-SQL-Server-to-PostgreSQL.html
for creating the DSN entry.  I also created a linked server referencing
the Postgres server I eventually intend to replicate to.  After creating
these two associations, I'm unable to execute queries on the linked
server and I suspect that I've not set up my ODBC association properly.
Since I've never done anything like this before, I'm not sure even how
to go about troubleshooting this issue.  I would be appreciative of any
insight this list can provide on troubleshooting and/or setting up this
scenario.

pgsql-odbc by date