Re: pgAdmin beta fixes

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin beta fixes
Date: 2006-10-23 11:32:56
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hi Dave!

First try was a crash.
I have an SSH connection to a remote database server. Locally there, the
postgres sytem user can login without password as postgres database user
(ident sameuser). So I needn't supply a password.
On my first try pgadmin insisted I supply a password, nevertheless. I
left the field empty and continued. pgadmin showed a couple of errors
and left me with a "half-connected" database. Trying to refresh on a
scheme sent pgadmin crashing.
The same or similar bug is present in all versions from v1.4.2 - 1.6beta3.

Good news: I cannot reproduce the "export bug" any more. A couple of
dozen tries with various selects and settings, no errors.
Minor glitch: the export dialogue window pops up on the low end of my
screen. Unlike other dialogues (like "Find and Replace") it won't
remember a new location.
Also the help window has a quirk: when it is activated (and pgadmin main
window is not minimized), the SQL dialogue vanishes behind main window.
When I try to bring it to the foreground, the help screen vanishes. I
cannot see export dialogue and help at the same time. (If I minimze main
window before clicking help in the export dialogue, I can do the trick).

The "pane shuffling crash" in the SQL dialogue window is still there.
But that's probably the wxWindows bug you mentioned.

I will test further and send report my findings..

Regards
Erwin