Listing Schemas - Revisited

From: Chris Campbell <ccampbell(at)cascadeds(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Listing Schemas - Revisited
Date: 2010-08-10 17:42:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi, a while back I saw a thread about how to list schemas. The solution presented was:
Select * FROM pg_namespace

That's great except the results include non schema data and no real way (that I can tell) to differentiate the actual schemas from the other data. In addition, I need to include the schema comments. So to summarize my particular need: I need to issue a select statement that returns "Schema Name" and "Comments" for the given database.

Thanks,

Chris Campbell
Cascade Data Solutions, Inc.
ccampbell(at)CascadeDS(dot)com