PGAdmin3 and inherited tables

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGAdmin3 and inherited tables
Date: 2006-10-20 09:49:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have the same problem than described at
http://www.pgadmin.org/archives/pgadmin-support/2006-04/msg00056.php but
it was not resolved then, not even correctly understood, it seems.

pgAdmin keeps telling me that I should VACUUM the base table that
_really_ has 0 rows:

stingray:navteq=# SELECT count(*) FROM ONLY test_phonetic.match;
count
-------
0
(1 row)

The problem is that pgAdmin seems to include the derived tables into
their count query, and then complain that the estimate is off:

stingray:navteq=# SELECT count(*) FROM test_phonetic.match;
count
71319833
(1 row)

So the correct fix would be to include the "ONLY" keyword when pgadmin3
fetches the row count, IMHO this change should not break anything else.

My version of pgAdmin3 is debianized 1.4.3-1.

HTH,
Markus

Dipl. Inf. | Software Development GIS

www.nosoftwarepatents.org