authentication services

From: Mark Wong <markw(at)osdl(dot)org>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: authentication services
Date: 2006-10-19 22:21:30
Lists: pdxpug

It sounded like a few people had authentication services experiences so
I wanted to ask for some advice. I have more than a half dozen systems
I use for testing and that I share with other users when they want to
get onto the systems. Does it make sense to use a service like ldap to
manage the system (linux) users as well as the database users? Or am I
asking for more work than it's worth?

Thanks,
Mark