Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Goran Thyni <goran(at)bildbasen(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: thread-safe libpq and DBD::Pg
Date: 1998-08-09 22:51:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Goran Thyni <goran(at)bildbasen(dot)se> writes:
> I am using perl 5.005_01 with threads support and DBI/DBD::Pg.
> DBI/DBD is the "standard" RDBMS-interface for perl available
> from CPAN.

Hmm. Well, I'm afraid I have too much on my plate already to go chasing
an incompatibility with someone else's software. If you or someone else
can track down what the problem is, I'll gladly help fix libpq (if
that's what needs fixed) ... but I can't spare the time right now to
chase a problem that doesn't show up in my setup.

>> Of course, it will also mean that you have to maintain that code
>> every time we change the fe/be protocol ... there is a change
>> upcoming for 6.4.

> I am working against the current CVS tree, are there more
> protocol changes in the pipeline?

You're in good shape then; we agreed several weeks ago that there would
be no more FE-to-BE link protocol changes for 6.4. I was afraid you
might be working from 6.3.2 sources, that's all.