Re: Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug: Missing tuples in results written to file
Date: 2006-10-17 15:05:40
Lists: pgadmin-support

dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk wrote:
> [...]
It does not happen every time. In my case, it happens in like 10-50% of
the time.
My best guess is a timing issue. Maybe my sepcial setup adds to it again
(SSH connection with port forwarding to remote server).
However, I have run tests with almost saturated network connection and
it didn't make a noteable difference.

BTW, a little more space for the filename in the export dialogue
wouldn't hurt.

> 1) What encoding is your database in?

utf-8

> 2) What encoding are you saving the data in? Have you tried both
> options? (Local and UTF-8)

Happens either way.
It seems to happen less often with utf-8 (being my db encoding). But
the difference was not overwhelmingly significant.

> 3) Can you provide a sample table with which you can reproduce the
> problem that I can test with?

Tried it with a number of different sources. tables, views (simple and
complex). It randomly happens with each of them.
When I chose a _new_ output file, then it happens almost every time;
when I change the query or any setting, it happens often; when repeating
the same export it happens rarely (but still randomely).

> BTW, I'm away for a few days from tomorrow so may not answer
> immediately.

Have a nice trip / vacation / whatever! :)

Regards
Erwin