Re: Retrieving arrays

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Retrieving arrays
Date: 2006-10-11 13:43:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi, Bendik,

Bendik Rognlien Johansen wrote:

> yes you are right, I don't really understand Generics that well. But it
> is a little clearer now :-)
>
> Anyway, I was hoping there would be a clean way to get arrays from the
> result set, Generics or not, using a single method. I would like to avoid:
> getStringArray, getIntegerArray etc.

Usually, ResultSet.getArray() should do it.

> The reason I need to do this is that I use two different drivers for
> PostgreSQL with the same code, and they handle arrays differently.

So you say that the the other one (pljava, IIRC) maps a postgresql
integer[] to an java.lang.Integer[] in java, and not an int[] like pgjdbc?

Looks strange.

Does the jdbc spec promote one or the other behaviour?

However, I don't know a clean solution.

Markus

www.nosoftwarepatents.org