Re: Postgres XA support

From: Kris Jurka <jurka(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Ludovic Orban <lorban(at)bitronix(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres XA support
Date: 2006-10-08 05:40:12
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Ludovic Orban wrote:

> I rencently found this thread on PotgreSQL's forum:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-04/msg00150.php
> and I just wanted to let you know that calling Connection.close()
> before or after the commit is the transaction manager's job or more
> precisely the XA connection pool's job.

So you're suggesting that the code example here is incorrect and it must
call commit before close?  It really seems like a transaction ought to
correcty wrap the connection open/close which is the fix that I put in.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2006-04/msg00149.php

> I'd like to know a bit more about Postgres' XA support before testing
> it (to add it to my support list:
> http://www.bitronix.be/Btm/DatabasesXASupportEvaluation#postgres) and
> I'd be happy if you could brielfy tell me how you think it's working.

Honestly, I have no idea.  As a maintainer I occasionally have to
write/review code that I don't know much about and XA is one of those.
Asking on the jdbc list (cced) is the best place to get information as
the authors and users of the XA code can attest to its support much
better than I can.  I hear it works with Orion and with a small patch
Weblogic.  My limited testing showed it worked with Simple-JTA.

Kris Jurka

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Kris JurkaDate: 2006-10-08 22:14:31
Previous:From: Allan SaddiDate: 2006-10-07 17:27:12
Subject: XA transactions and autocommit