Progress of asynchronous queries

From: Adriaan van Os <postgres(at)microbizz(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Progress of asynchronous queries
Date: 2006-09-15 08:55:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I couldn't find anything in the libpq interfaces that identifies the current progress of an
asynchronous query as a percentage of the estimated total query time. So, unless I missed
something, I would like to file this as a feature request.

The idea behind this, of course, is to show a progress bar in the user interface of the client
application as soon as the query takes longer than say 1 second.

Regards,

Adriaan van Os

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Jeroen T. VermeulenDate: 2006-09-15 10:18:25