Re: Mid cycle release?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mid cycle release?
Date: 2006-09-14 19:51:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Quite a few people (myself included) had really been hoping to see it in
> 8.2 and it's been the going-forward plan ever since autovacuum was put
> into the backend (in fact, iirc, having it in the backend was a
> prerequisite to having it on by default).

w00t, more processes doing things they shouldn't be doing, but doing
them automatically at times when they shouldn't be done because of some
arbitrary calculation that really isn't documented that well in some
conf file!

O.k. that was negative, sorry. Frankly I think that turning autovacuum
on by default pretty much equates to, "I am lazy, and I don't want to
actually evaluate my needs. Lets just go with MS Access"

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/