Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC driver?)

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dependency problems with 8.02.0100 (was Latest ODBC driver?)
Date: 2006-09-02 13:28:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

> I've changed the code a little and uploaded the snapshot dll.
> Please retry the SSL disabled mode if you have time.

Spending time on this is rather more palatable than any of the alternatives,
most of which involve not being to upgrade the server (hence no replication)
until I've reworked the clients.

446464 Sep 2 09:25 psqlodbc30a.dll
1013 Sep 2 01:35 pgxalib.exp
2290 Sep 2 01:35 pgxalib.lib

Above copied to .../bin on the client.

With SSL disabled to the v7 server I get the same "Unknown user name [...] Cound
not flush socket buffer". Changing the protocol (which is now selectable again)
to 6.4+ and after about a minute I get "Read failure. No response from the
backend; No response from the backend.".

Switching to protocol 7.4+ talking to the v8 server, SSL disabled, the client
sits there indefinitely using 50-90% CPU but doesn't blow up.

> I have no idea why the memory usage explode occurs.
> Please try UseDeclarefetch mode first.

Appears to have no effect, but there again the memory isn't blowing up at the
moment.

I'll send a log for the server v8 failed session to you and Dave.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk