Re: Latest ODBC driver?

From: Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl(dot)pgsql-odbc(at)telemetry(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Latest ODBC driver?
Date: 2006-08-31 21:19:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:

> 1) On a test system, uninstall any PostgreSQL drivers to be safe.

Done. There are no DLLs etc. *psql*.* remaining on the machine.

> 2) Download the ANSI driver from
> http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html. Unpack into your
> system32 directory.

 81920 Aug 31 09:51 pgxalib.dll
446464 Aug 31 09:51 psqlodbca.dll

> 3) Register the driver by copying and pasting the following into
> psqlodbc.reg (not including the ==== marks), then importing it into the
> registry using regedit:

Done. Regedit displayed its confirmation dialogue.

> 4) Check the driver appears in the driver manager and that the version shown
> matches the DLLs.

ODBC drivers in the control panel include reference to "PostgreSQL ANSI", but
there is no version number, company or file info.

> 5) Setup a DSN pointing to your 7.x server.

Attempting to select the driver gives "The setup routines for the PostgreSQL
ANSI ODBC driver could not be found. Please reinstall the driver" follwed by a
dialogue titled "Driver's ConfigDSN, ConfigDriver, or ConfigTranslator failed"
containing "Component not found in the registry".

I can confirm that psqlodbca.dll is in c:\winnt_4\system32, as is pgxalib.dll.
I've checked the registry values and they appear to be as you specified.

Remaining steps omitted for obvious reasons :-(

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2006-08-31 21:32:29
Subject: Re: ODBC v08.02.0100