Re: v08.02.0100 uploaded

From: Stijn Vanroye <s(dot)vanroye(at)easytowork(dot)nl>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: v08.02.0100 uploaded
Date: 2006-08-31 12:10:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded builds of v08.02.0100 to
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions. It will appear on the
> mirrors and the main downloads site at
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/ in the next 24 hours or so.
>

> This is intended as an official, stable release. Please report any
> problems to the mailing list.
>
> Regards, Dave.

Hi,

I have downloaded the MSI from the ftp directory mentioned above. I have
done as the readme file states, and that is to uninstall the previous
development snapshot (removed registiry entry's, and deleted files).

When I try to install the new version I get an error of a certain file
that cannot be found in the cabinet file. (See attached image)

Is this something I should be looking into on my own machine, or is
indeed something wrong with the installer? Changes are I'm one of the
first installing this ;-)

Some info:
- I have downloaded and extracted the zip file with the MSI several
times, thinking the zip file could be currupt, but the problem remains
- I'm Running XP Pro with SP2 and all the latest updates.
- ask if more info is needed.

Regards,

Stijn.