Re: Installing on Redhat 7.2

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing on Redhat 7.2
Date: 2006-08-30 23:37:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 August 2006 14:49, "Dennis Reaves" <reaves(at)msn(dot)com> wrote:
>> Any suggestion on trying to resolve this? I can't seem to find anything
>> that helps.
>
> a) install an operating system that isn't >5 years old.
>
> or b) try rebuilding packages from the source RPM.
>
> or c) install from source.

Option "c" has always worked well for me on RH 7.[23].

The OP may have a problem similar to mine - systems that contains dozens
of quite expensive cards (in my case Dialogic) which are tied to
proprietary drivers with very particular version/kernel requirements. We
run our PG servers on recent OS versions but have to compile
clients/libs on RH 7.2 and 7.3.

Cheers,
Steve