Re: Packaging: wxWidgets 2.7

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org,"Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>,Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Packaging: wxWidgets 2.7
Date: 2006-08-29 13:01:19
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Hi Dave,

was about to do an update concerning this. I got an answer from Ron. He
may help with this if it becomes an issue for us (it seems to be the
case now ;). So, I bet we can go on. However he would be interested in
our feedback and the reasons why we swap to this version.

>>(I would not like to dive back into the nightmare of
>>maintaining it by
>>myself).
>

> Unfortunately I think we might end up using 2.7 regardless of what Ron does, especially as Debian appears to be the only distro where this is even an issue.
>
> On the plus side, if we didn't use 2.7, we'd need to build a totally bespoke wxAUI package as opposed to a totally standard version of wx2.7. I note also that wx already have Ubuntu packages if that helps at all.
>
> /D (feeling Raph's pain but having to consider the big picture :-( )

I hope this mail stopped this feeling ;)
Let's go! I'll try do my best.

Cheers,
Raph

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2006-08-29 13:31:07
Subject: Re: pgAdminIII ON SUSE Linux Enterprise Disktop 10.!!