Good news on CPU scaling for latest 8.2

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Good news on CPU scaling for latest 8.2
Date: 2006-08-28 15:46:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

So, I finally have new SpecJ tests, and between June 8th's 8.2 CVS and
last Wednesday's we're seeing a 10% drop in CPU utilization for a
fixed-size workload, which could mean that the buffer lock partitioning
resulted in less lock conflicts.

We'll see once we have the Dtrace reports and try to scale up the workload.

--Josh