Re: [Fwd: dblink patch - Asynchronous queries and parallel

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: "Patches (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kai Londenberg <K(dot)Londenberg(at)librics(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: dblink patch - Asynchronous queries and parallel
Date: 2006-08-27 23:24:16
Lists: pgsql-patches
Joe Conway wrote:
> I just received this (offlist), and have not had a chance to review it
> myself yet, but figured I should post it now in case others want to have
> a look and comment or discuss before feature freeze.
>
> If there are no major objections to the concept, I'll take
> responsibility to review and commit once I'm through with the "Values
> list-of-targetlists" stuff.

Sorry for the delay. I've done some rework to the original code sent by
Kai, mainly to reduce duplication with the existing synchronous case,
and to better fit with the existing docs, regression script, etc. I also
changed the return type of dblink_get_connections() to text[], and added
dblink_error_message().

If it isn't already too late, and there are no objections, I'd like to
commit this in the next day or so.

Kai, please verify that this still works in a similar fashion as your
original.

Thanks,

Joe