Re: logos and the BSD license

From: Koen Martens <pgsql(at)metro(dot)cx>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logos and the BSD license
Date: 2006-08-21 21:07:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> The graphics available in the project are also licensed under a BSD license,
> which I *think* is covered by having meta information on the graphic file
> stating the license and where it was achieved from.  Someone probably ought
> to do an audit of those graphics to verify that, but that is the intention
> afaik.

Hmm, so basically, you think it is ok to use the logos in an ad for
my company as long as i preserve the meta data (which will be lost
when it goes to print of course).

Frankly, i'm still a bit confused. Maybe it is best if i contact the
 creator of the logo directly.

Personally, I think the BSD license is confusing for graphics.

Gr,

Koen