Re: setting up foreign keys

From: Sue Fitt <sue(at)inf(dot)ed(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setting up foreign keys
Date: 2006-08-10 09:20:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

Well they don't necessarily have the same value!

It's a dictionary with cross-referenced words, e.g. 'bring' and
'brought' are both headwords in the dictionary, but 'brought' is
cross-referenced to 'bring'. So, the table stores the information (using
integer id's rather than words) that
bring: bring
brought: see bring
sing: sing