Re: SUN Studio 11 vs pgAdmin - code cleanup]

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SUN Studio 11 vs pgAdmin - code cleanup]
Date: 2006-08-03 14:14:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> Thanks - patch applied to the stable branch.   Would you mind taking some
> time to port the patch to SVN TRUNK please? It's most likely that that
> will go beta within a few weeks and unfortunately I'm *really* pushed
> for time right now :-(

Ok. No problem. I will do it.

>> I have still problem with building (autoconf/automake). There are hard
>> coded switches related to the gcc compiler. I would like to
>> fix it, but
>> I'm not familiar with automake/autoconf. Is there anybody who can help
>> me wit it?
>
> I can certainly try - what do you need to change? (BTW, build system
> changes like this will only be applied to trunk - I consider support for
> a new compiler to be a new feature, especially when we already have an
> option for the target platform).

The problem what I have is that when I set CC and CXX environment
variable to Sun Studio compilers, configure generates Makefile which
contains wrong compiler switches (-Wall ...). I must manually change
makefile If I want to compile pgAdmin with Sun Studio. There is some
problem with openssl library detection on solaris as well.

		Zdenek