Performances with new Intel Core* processors

From: Jonathan Ballet <jon(at)multani(dot)info>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Performances with new Intel Core* processors
Date: 2006-07-31 12:53:24
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello,

I've read a lot of mails here saying how good is the Opteron with PostgreSQL,
and a lot of people seems to recommend it (instead of Xeon).

However, it seems that new Intel processors, Core Duo and Core 2 Duo, performs
very well, in desktop environment at least.

I wonder what can we expect with them, do anybody have done any experiments with
those processors ?

Regards,
	Jonathan Ballet

pgsql-performance by date