Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: another try at keeping AIX/ppc

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Joshua Reich <josh(at)root(dot)net>
Cc: Rocco Altier <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: another try at keeping AIX/ppc
Date: 2006-07-27 20:53:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Joshua Reich wrote:

> I just updated to the latest HEAD, so I assume I have the cube_1.out
> that you changed. If you look at the order of the results expected in
> cube.out and cube_1.out, they are different. So I don't think we have
> a problem with the code, we just need to fix the ordering in cube_1.out.

The version where I reverted the change is 1.6.

There is apparently a code problem somehow, since we know that AIX/PPC
at least orders things differently on those 2 tests.

I have looked at the new code and can't see any obvious reason for
ordering differences.

Maybe we need to try to stress test the comparison routines a bit to
make sure they really are deterministic.

> The same problem appears in cube_2.out -- is this used by any platform?

We will deal with that one in due course.

cheers

andrew