Re: Lurking Wanna Be

From: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: Hal Davison <herbie(at)faams(dot)net>
Cc: glenn(at)tangelosoftware(dot)com(dot)au, pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lurking Wanna Be
Date: 2006-07-27 01:00:01
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hal Davison wrote:
> Sean,
>
> Being specific..
>
> The PostgreSQL is running on Linux.
>
> The client/users will connect from their bloated Intel PCs.
>
> With an HTML browser they could connect from anywhere and any box if
> that option were available.
>
> I'm looking for a tool or toolset that will enable one to 'PAINT' the
> screen, extract information from one or more datasets, display the
> information. Give the user some interaction and send the changed
> information back to the db server.

Hal,

If you are pretty adept at programming in perl, python, java, ruby, or
php, then you can certainly do some reading on using web frameworks or
writing CGI scripts.  However, from the tone of your question, I'm
guessing that isn't the case and than you would rather stay away from
programming.  If that is the case, I would still suggest pgAdminIII (not
browser-based, but you can connect from anywhere that isn't firewalled.
  If you want to go with a browser-based solution, install phppgadmin.

Sean