Installation

From: "Sandy Keathley" <sandy(at)apptech(dot)us>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installation
Date: 2006-07-18 20:36:43
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have always compiled software from source, but since I am setting up a
Linux (RH4) server, I planned to install Postgres by RPM.  However, there
are multiple files on the FTP server, and I don't know which one to use.

I pulled down

postgresql-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm
and
postgresql-server-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm

but both of them require a library that presumably is in

postgresql-libs-8.1.4-3PGDG.i686.rpm

I now don't know which one of the first two to use.  Is there an RPM that is
self-contained?  if not, which RPM should I use?

Thanks.

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Alan HodgsonDate: 2006-07-18 20:48:07