Re: RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql

From: Christoph Della Valle <christoph(dot)dellavalle(at)goetheanum(dot)ch>
To: Patrick Ng <patrick(dot)ng(at)zuji(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE : How do I compile/test a PL/SQL in Postgresql
Date: 2006-07-17 10:13:27
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi

you can do it at the command line:
open a shell, change to your dbuser, then
psql mydb
or psql mydb -u USER -h HOST

Or install pgAdminIII, a common GUI for postgres (I prefer the commandline.)
If you use the commandline, make sure readline-support is installed.

If you run (on the shell) your "CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION"-Statement,
that's it. After this, you call your new function like this:

select myfunc(arg);

since functions are polymorphic, you have to use the appropriate amount
of arguments, otherwise you will get the message that this function does
not exist...

yours,
Christoph