Re: executeQuery Locked

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Lucas Sousa <lucas75(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: executeQuery Locked
Date: 2006-07-12 21:43:02
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Lucas Sousa wrote:
> I am debugging the driver myself, I am looking into the
> PhantomReferences that I think may be the cause of the problem (the
> problem seems to me loosely related with the garbage collector frequency)

Well, if you collect a trace of the communication between driver and
server as I suggested, it will let you work out whether it really is the
driver at fault, and what it did around the time of the failure.

The PhantomReference stuff is used to free up old server-side prepared
statements where the corresponding Java objects have gone away. In
theory it shouldn't affect query execution..

> If I do the "set statement_timeout = 60000" on that connection I suppose
> that after I release this connection back to the pool and another thread
> fetches it the statement timeout will remain set ... is it not?

That's right. You could always explicitly set statement_timeout after
getting a new connection from the pool, I suppose.

-O