OSDC Paper Proposals due tomorrow!

From: Jacinta Richardson <jarich(at)perltraining(dot)com(dot)au>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OSDC Paper Proposals due tomorrow!
Date: 2006-07-11 05:23:48
Lists: sydpug

G'day everyone,

This is a final reminder that OSDC papers are due tomorrow. Our conference is
nothing without speakers, so I encourage you all to get your proposals in as
soon as possible!

http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/cfp06.html

For those who've never submitted a proposal before, or spoken at at conference:
fear not! A proposal is just a couple of paragraphs about what you think you
might like to say. If your talk's direction changes somewhat when you start
writing it, that's okay! Further, we encourage you to give your talk(s) to your
local user groups (for example OSDClub) before the conference. This will give
you some great practice time and give us the chance to give you some feedback.

If you have any friends or family members who might also want to present, please
feel free to pass this invitation on. Likewise if you know of any related user
groups who haven't heard from us, please invite them to participate. Our goal
is to make this conference truly representative of Australia's amazing Open
Source development community!

We look forward to seeing your paper submission.

Jacinta

PS: If you're interested in being part of the paper selection committee, please
contact Richard, our Programme Chair: richard <at> osdc.com.au

--
("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._ | Jacinta Richardson |
`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`) | Perl Training Australia |