NEW YORK POST ONLINE SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
The New York Post Online Edition seeks an online systems architect to
join our day staff in the Midtown New York City offices. We are looking
for a responsible, self-directed individual with an enthusiasm for open
source software technologies and demonstrated experience with them in a
high-traffic online environment.
* This is a permanent, full-time, on-site position. Please no freelance
inquires and no placement services!
* This position requires candidate to have excellent writing and
* Candidate must be able to work on several projects at a time.
* Candidate must be able to work independently and meet aggressive
* This position reports to the Director of the Online Edition.
* Each candidate will be required to demonstrate mastery of the skills
listed below during the interview process.
* Salary negotiable.
Required skill set includes:
* 3+ years experience with *NIX operating systems
* 3+ years experience with PHP
* Familiarity with use of CVS and change management systems
* Demonstrated ability to develop code with focus on security and
performance in addition to function
* Experience with architecture and development of online content
Skills that are a “plus”:
* Experience with design of, and normalization techniques for, PostgreSQL
* Experience with database replication technologies for PostgreSQL
* Experience with installation and configuration of Apache, PHP,
PostgreSQL, and Samba on *NIX systems
* History of work on high-traffic websites
* Experience with Perl
* Plan, design and implement complex personalization functions on nypost.com
* Create user interface for Post’s online content management system,
working with non-technical staff members to determine what features best
meet their production needs
* Function as a project lead on development of features and
functionalities that will enhance reader experience on nypost.com
* Assist with redesign of mass mailing delivery engines
* Assist with redesign of online home delivery system
* Work with Director to proactively plan for hardware and applications
adjustments needed to accommodate increased traffic and site performance
* Assist web staff in planning for website’s growth and improvement
through better access to log and user data
* Recommend best practices for coding, database design and change
management processes and assist in all aspects of rollout from planning
to design to implementation
* Assist with implementation of database replication functions for
* Assist Director and outside vendor with recommendation for and
implementation of redesign of Post’s primary online database; anticipate
impact on existing applications and assist with re-development of those
applications as needed
* Train and mentor junior programmers.
* Recommend and produce methods for data mining online database
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Director, Online Production
New York Post
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Marshall, Steve||Date: 2006-07-05 12:52:38|
|Subject: Software Developer for Database-to-Database delivery system|
|Previous:||From: Ivy Stringfield||Date: 2006-06-21 15:59:46|