Re: Meta Information about columns of a domain datatype ?

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: "j(dot)random(dot)programmer" <javadesigner(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Meta Information about columns of a domain datatype ?
Date: 2006-06-19 22:12:27
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

j.random.programmer wrote:

>> How would you expect domain info to be returned via
>> the metadata interfaces?
>
> I don't know :-)
>
> You and Kris figure it out.

Well, without knowing what information you actually want to extract
about the type it's a bit pointless taking this further. Is
SOURCE_DATA_TYPE sufficient? How is whatever-data-it-is-that-you-need
returned by other DB drivers?

(I am not going to have time to actually do any implementation of this,
I'm just trying to get enough information for someone else to consider
implementing it)

-O