Re: Qustions about psqlODBC 08.02

From: zhaoxin <zhaox(at)necas(dot)nec(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Qustions about psqlODBC 08.02
Date: 2006-06-14 12:09:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc
To:Bart

Thanks for you response .

> As you can see, it's Unicode versus ANSI. You obviously used the ANSI
> driver in the 8.01 series. It's correct, really -- the driver merely

But I am sure that I used the Unicode driver with the default settings .
it need some other setting ?

> specifies that the data that it has is Unicode data. If you want to
> retrieve it using ANSI encoding, that's no problem, just request the
> columns using the SQL_C_CHAR type to indicate that you want to get your
> data back in a single-byte ANSI encoding.

What differents between Unicode and ANSI driver in usage ?
if I want to get the same behavior from 8.02 with 8.01 driver
that I used , how can I do ?

 BTW I don't understand the words :
     " just request the columns using the SQL_C_CHAR type ",
Could you give me a example ? thank you very much !

Regards,
zhao