postgresql live-cd

From: Koen Martens <pgsql(at)metro(dot)cx>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql live-cd
Date: 2006-06-14 08:51:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hello all,

Introducing myself: Koen Martens, the person who took up the task of
creating a live cd containing (at least) postgresql and pgadmin3, to
be handed out on conferences (

Now, my idea is to create one of those nifty credit-card sized cd's,
that fits in your wallet. We'd base that on DSL (Damn Small Linux)
2.4 probably.

Of course, doing a credit card sized cd limits the amount of stuff
that can be on there. Right now what should be on there i think:

- Latest 8.1 postgresql
- pgadmin3
- browsable html documentation

Don't know if that leaves us much space yet, will report later on.

Any hints, ideas, opinions are welcome!

K.F.J. Martens, Sonologic,
Public PGP key:
can't read? Visit

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Leif B. KristensenDate: 2006-06-14 09:04:19