Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field to memo type

From: ioguix <igxnews(at)free(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Access97/odbcUnicode/pgsql : unable to map text field to memo type
Date: 2006-06-08 09:31:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

I use odbc unicode driver to link tables from my pgsql 8.1.3 server to
Access97 SR2 (and latest jet engine 4.0 SP 8).

Everything is working well, even inserting row work without #deleted on
update (like with the ansi driver despite of serial PK on tables :s)

Actualy, one thing doesn't work properly. It's a well know issue, but I
didn't find how to correct it  (_and_I_read_lots_of_webpages_about_that_!_)

TEXT type in my pgsql database aren't map to memo type in Access. I
don't mind sorting, index or order on these fields, but I really need
more than 255 chars on them.

And, yes, checked the "text as LongVarChar" in the ODBC configuration.

Here the table I use for my tests :

CREATE TABLE test
(
  id serial NOT NULL,
  txt text NOT NULL DEFAULT ''::text,
  CONSTRAINT test_pkey PRIMARY KEY (id)
)
WITH OIDS;

I think you will find the complete ODBC configuration in the HUGE logs
here : http://ioguix.free.fr/pgsqllog.log

Please....help... (or point me in the right direction)

Thanks
--
| IoGuiX          |

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: JGuillaume 'IoGuiX' de RorthaisDate: 2006-06-08 09:45:13
Previous:From: zhaoxinDate: 2006-06-08 09:01:31
Subject: Memory Leak ?