Quick Reference Software Guide

From: Michael Dean <mdean(at)sourceview(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus"
Subject: Quick Reference Software Guide
Date: 2006-06-06 16:24:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Greetings:

Just a suggestion for future shows. Instead of non-relevant,
non-utilitarian give-aways -- T-shirts, pins, etc., how about lets do a
Quick Reference Software Guide such as those at quickstudycharts.com.
The top 100 relevant urls could be included, I am sure pervasive, Edb
and bizgres people would pay for short blurbs, etc. I'm guilty! -- i
didn't pore over the website for previous similar suggestions. The idea
is this -- many businesses go to Linuxworld, etc. to familiarize
themselves with open source software, in the hopes there is something
there they can adopt/adapt! Let them come away with a mysql T-shirt,
and a postgresql study guide. I bet a lot of folks would be amazed at
how SQLish postgresql is!

Michael