Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-05 14:16:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Jim Nasby wrote:

> What about my suggestion of runing CVS a second time if we get
> extraneous files the first go-round? I'm guessing there'd have to be a
> sleep in there as well...

The trouble with running "cvs update" a second time is that it will be
just as liable to fail as the first run. So I am following your
suggestion, but with this modification: after a sleep we will run "cvs
status" which will not have the same issues, because it doesn't create
or delete anything, and will show us any extraneous files/directories
that might be present.

cheers

andrew