Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-04 21:52:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:

>"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>

>>One thought I had was to force Windows to use CVS export rather than update.
>>This has 2 disadvantages: it requires a complete repo fetch every run, even
>>if we don't need to do anything because nothing has changed, and it also
>>means we can't report the version numbers on files changed.
>>

>You could also just have the windows machine rsync the directory from one of
>the other build machines?

The farm is distributed - none of the members have any knowledge of the
others. And it is a design requirement that no inbound access is
required for buildfarm members, and that no tools are required other
than  those that are required to build postgres.

Anyway, I think we have it covered now,.

cheers

andrew