Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-02 15:27:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>>> What's happening here is that cvs actually creates the directory and
>>> then later prunes it when it finds it is empty.
>>
>> I find that explanation pretty unconvincing.  Why would cvs print a "?"
>> for such a directory?
>
> cvs will print a ? if it doesn't know what it is... or is that svn?

yes, it's a file/directory it doesn't know about.

At one stage I suppressed these checks, but I found that too many times
we saw errors due to unclean repos. So now buildfarm insists on having a
clean repo.

I suppose I could provide a switch to turn it off ... in one recent case
the repo was genuinely not clean, though, so I am not terribly keen on
that approach - but I am open to persuasion.

cheers

andrew