Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-02 14:50:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>> What's happening here is that cvs actually creates the directory and
>> then later prunes it when it finds it is empty.
>>

> I find that explanation pretty unconvincing.  Why would cvs print a "?"
> for such a directory?

Another possibility is that the directory is an artifact left from a
previous run of cvs update in which the rmdir failed, and the present
run prints out the "?" line and subsequently prunes the directory as we
have told it to do with the -P flag.

I don't have time to dig deeply into the CVS sources to debug the
problem comprehensively.

cheers

andrew