Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 'CVS-Unknown' buildfarm failures?
Date: 2006-06-02 14:29:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> writes:
>
>> I strongly suspect that snake is hitting the "file/directory doesn't
>> disappear immediately when you unlink/rmdir" problem on Windows that we have
>> had to code around inside Postgres. It looks like cvs is trying to prune an
>> empty directory but isn't fast enough.
>>

> Maybe "sleep 2" or so between "make distclean" and "cvs update" in the
> script would help?

buildfarm never does make distclean. It operates on a copy which it
removes at the end of the run.

What's happening here is that cvs actually creates the directory and
then later prunes it when it finds it is empty. Run strace on "cvs
update" and then look for pg-config, or examine src/bin/CVS/Entries.Log
and you should see what's going on. So we'd have to put the sleep inside
cvs ...

cheers

andrew