Re: error starting service on win2k platform

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: parang(dot)saraf(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: error starting service on win2k platform
Date: 2006-05-31 16:19:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>Hey,
>>I am trying to install the Postgreql 8.1.3 on the windows 2k
>>platform. While installing I am getting the following error :
>>"Your local 'Power Users' group contains 'Authenticated
>>Users' ".  This Error has been previously discussed in the
>>mailing list. (
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php
>> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php>  )
>>
>>I could not find how to remove the "NT
>>AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" from the "Power Users" local group.
>>
>>Please help me with this error.
>

> Just use whatever tool you'd normally use to edit your users, for
> example the Local Users and Groups mmc snapin.

Whats probably confusing things is, Win2000 has a completely different
and semi-brain damanged 'simplified' Users tool in the control panel.
If you go to the Advanced tab, then click the Advanced button, it takes
you to the full featured Local Users and Groups tool, which is the MMC
snapin you mention.     This same snapin is also available via
Administration Tools -> Computer Management, or right click My Computer,
Manage...