Re: Compiling pgAdmin on SuSE 10.1

From: Miha Radej <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Compiling pgAdmin on SuSE 10.1
Date: 2006-05-29 20:27:07
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi!

Dave Page pravi:
>> ./frm/frmReport.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
>> reportObjectDataDictionaryFactory::GenerateReport(frmReport*,
>> pgObject*)':
>> ./frm/frmReport.cpp:1335: warning: cannot pass objects of non-POD type
>> 'class wxString' through '...'; call will abort at runtime
>
> Yeah, these ones only fail on GCC - it's complaining about passing a
> wxString as a parameter to a variadic function. The fix is to use the
> c_str() member, eg.

The above warnings are now gone, but I noticed these now:

./frm/frmEditGrid.cpp: In member function ‘void sqlTable::Paste()’:
./frm/frmEditGrid.cpp:1840: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions
./frm/frmEditGrid.cpp:1841: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions
./frm/frmEditGrid.cpp:1856: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions
./frm/frmEditGrid.cpp:1857: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions

The attached patch is yet another "works for me" kind of patch, I don't
know what good/standard C++ practice is in such situations, considering
I don't know C++ at all :)

Regards,
Miha

--
"... the small primitive tribes joined up and became huge, powerful
primitive tribes with more sophisticated weapons."