Re: select count(*) and limit

From: Verena Ruff <lists(at)triosolutions(dot)at>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select count(*) and limit
Date: 2006-05-18 12:18:07
Lists: pgsql-novice

Oscar Rodriguez Fonseca schrieb:
> But I do not get the point of the query.

the reason why I'm asking is that I have some rather complex queries and
I'd like to present the result in a paged way. I need to get the 10
records I'd like to present the user and I need to know how many records
there are to calculate how many pages are needed and to create the
neccessary links. The real query isn't as simple as the shown example,
there are a few joins making it quite complex and slow. So I'm looking
for a way to do this with one query and saving some time.

Regards,
Verena