Re: [pgadmin-support] Segmentation fault in GUI

From: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
To: andrew(at)pillette(dot)com
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, PgAdmin Hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Segmentation fault in GUI
Date: 2006-05-09 07:00:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
Andrew Lazarus wrote:
> I'm sorry, I've never built pgadmin from source, only installed the rpm.
>   I uninstalled the wxGTK rpm and I tried to build wxGTK from source and
> slam the output libraries into /usr/lib, and I can do that, but what
> something is missing or won't link with pgadmin.
> Would you like me to go through the docs and try a pgadmin build?

If you have a minute or so, maybe you can try to rebuild the RPMs from
Source RPM?
They are available on our mirrors in the srpm directory.

It should be relatively straight, something like:
(as root)
rpm -i pgadmin3-1.4.2-1.src.rpm
cd /usr/src/redhat(<-or something else, I don't have FC here)/
rpm -ba ./SPECS/pgadmin3.spec

> For the record, most recently I used this wxGTK although I tried others:

Ok, so we are using similar version number.

Thanks for your time.