Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Rushabh Lathia <rushabh(dot)lathia(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: use of dblink_build_sql_insert() induces a server crash
Date: 2010-02-03 18:18:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The problem exists with all three dblink_build_sql_* functions. Here is
> a more complete patch. If there are no objections I'll apply this to
> HEAD and look at back-patching -- these functions have hardly been
> touched since inception.

Do you really need to copy the relation tupdesc when you only are going
to make a one-time check of the number of attributes? This coding would
make some sense if you intended to use the tupdesc again later in the
functions, but it appears you don't.

Also, what about cases where the relation contains dropped columns ---
it's not obvious whether this test is correct in that case.