Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 17:43:55
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> Yes, but it used wxGrid methods to build the report, thus, like the
> copy functionality, would have needed fixing to work with a listview

I already changed that to the new interface.

> (actually, frmReport has a listview->reporttable method that could be
> used).

I don't quite understand that.

> The ability to copy columns and arbitrary groups of cells as well as
> rows.

>> Again: I said early enough the base was wrong. And I didn't see
>> *any* speed increase on linux. Probably, any virtual solution will
>> be ok, but any non-virtual solution *cant* be ok.
>

> The point was that it was a distinct improvement, even if not the
> ultimate solution - anyway, that's irrelevant now so let's move on.

An improvement that ignores basics is useless.

>> It should have been, but things are horribly intervowen. I'd have
>> to understand in detail what's going on to continue, because
>> apparently removing MNU_XXX entries would kill methods too.
>

> Are you doing this or me? I'm happy to work on it if you'll provide
> feedback when needed. If you're doing it though, let me know and I'll
> do something else.

Since most of the work is specific, you'd better do it. I can assist
with menu/general stuff, which should reduce to some "new
reportSomethingFactory" in frmMain::CreateMenus(). Submenus are now
handled automatically, so even the events.cpp is totally generic now.
I'm going to extend programmers-readme.txt ASAP.

Regards,
Andreas