Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 15:19:45
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> When asked for further info about *that* todo, you didn't give any
> helpful answers :-(

Well, anybody not knowing how to code a virtual ListView shouldn't start
  on that...

> However, I am not complaining about that change - I am complaining
> that a copy/paste feature was removed - that is unrelated to the
> virtual listview/grid issue.

It wasn't removed explicitely, but the underlying class that didn't meet
the requirement was backed out. You've painted the wall before
wallpapering it.

>> The reporting stuff is going to frustrate you and me as well. I
>> tried to fix at least the menuing stuff, but had to retract,
>> realizing that you kind-of reinvented the most ugly interaction
>> between the MNU_ enumeration and schema objects acting on that I
>> removed months ago. This basically means that it can't be
>> refactored partially, but essentially needs rewrite. The current
>> implementation style is that of pgAdmin 0.1 to 1.2, which was
>> becoming more and more painful when adding new features. I'm less
>> than inclined to accept having this creeping back in.
>

> Like I said, I'll look at changing it to work like the other menus
> you suggested - but if you're saying the factories cannot do what is
> required, then they either need fixing, or it can stay as is.

It's not a problem of the factories, they do what they should and will
work *if used*. But you basically circumvented them, and did all the
stuff they're supposed to do once again.

Regards,
Andreas