Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
Date: 2006-04-30 13:48:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: "Andreas
> Pflug"<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> Sent: 30/04/06 12:24:08 To: "Dave
> Page"<dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> Cc:
> "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org"<pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
> Subject: Re: Lightspeed for frmQuery and other issues.
>

>>> Cool, nice work. I assume all the clipboard stuff still works?
>>
>> Depends on what you call "the clipboard stuff". Everything that
>> worked in 1.4 still works, i.e. single/multiple row copy. To select
>> columns, there's a special syntax to the SELECT command....
>

> Then you have some work to finish - both the edit and query grid
> could copy individual cells, rows, columns or arbitrary groups of
> cells to the clipboard - functionality that I for one am already
> using on a regular basis.

EditGrid is untouched.
copying of arbitrary groups of cells did *never* work correct. The
current implementation will omit cells if it doesn't know how to handle
it. This is not acceptable: The ctl needs to be rewritten to not accept
selections that can't be executed.
As I already may have mentioned earlier, I don't intend to spent time on
the crappy wxGrid. So if anybody else likes to do so, he/she should pay
attention not to change the ctlSQLResult interface for that.

Regards,
Andreas