Re: How to define + operator for strings

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to define + operator for strings
Date: 2006-04-28 20:34:32
Lists: pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> Does it not support the SQL standard way of string concatination? You
> should be planning a transition because text+text will cause problems
> down the line...

Sounds to me like a job for sed, awk, perl, tr.... choose your
conversion tool.  Make the code right, don't try and make the database
handle it.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin