Re: Logging pg_autovacuum

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Logging pg_autovacuum
Date: 2006-04-27 18:03:56
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

I think there are two things people typically want to know from the logs:
1) Is autovacuum running
2) Did autovacuum take action (issue a VACUUM or ANALYZE)

I don't think we need mention the name of each and every database we
touch, we can, but it should be at a lower level like DEBUG1 or something.

I don't know what logging level these thing should go at, but I for one
would like them to be fairly high easy to get to, perhaps NOTICE?

Matt