Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chris(dot)kings-lynne(at)calorieking(dot)com>,Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN - Generalized Inverted iNdex. Try 3.
Date: 2006-04-27 17:10:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> How about adding a column to pg_am indicating "these indexes must always
> keep same tuple count as heap".  This would be true for all current AMs,
> false for GIN.

Yes, it's simplest solution, but it doesn't check of index consistency.

Possible, we can count number of itempointers to heap tuple during build/insert,
and during bulkdelete we count number of deleted and leaved itempointers. So,

N[before bulkdelete] == N[after bulkdelete] + N[deleted]

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru
                                                    WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/